Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Sunday 18 October 2015

My Favourite Autumn Lipsticks


This year I have fully embraced nude lips (I like to blame that on MAC's Velvet Teddy and NARS' Anita) but now that we are well and truly in the midst of autumn, I am back to rocking a darker and bolder lip once again! I have four of my favourite autumnal lip products to show you all today, three of which are from the drugstore, so there are definitely some great bargains out their that you need to get your hands on! So, let's jump right in and see which red and berry hues that I have been loving lately!

MAC Lipstick in Plumful (£15.50)
First up is the ever-so-popular MAC shade 'Plumful' - a lustre formula that is the perfect autumnal pink shade with a really subtle berry hint to it. It is such a comfortable lipstick to wear in the colder months as it is super moisturising and it glides onto your lips so seamlessly! It is a great shade for when you want an understated pop of colour.

Rimmel Provocalips Lip Colour in Kiss Fatal (£6.99)
Next is Rimmel's version of a liquid lipstick in the shade 'Kiss Fatal,' which is a gorgeous dusky purple shade. It's not too in your face but it's bold enough to make an impact! Although the formula of the Provocalips line is far from perfect, (it can sometimes feel really drying and occasionlly it crumbles away slightly,) I always manage to see past it because the shade is so unique and is really long-lasting!

(From left to right: Plumful, Kiss Fatal, Standout, Dark Night Water-loops)

Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm in Standout (£7.99)
I have loved Revlon's range of lip crayons for such a long time now and the shade 'Standout' is no exception! It is a stunning blue-based cherry red that is matte without being drying on the lips. I love wearing this lipstick during the festive season as it is truly a classic red that looks perfect around this time of year!

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Dark Night Water-loops (£6.49)
Last but certainly not least is the amazing 'Dark Night Water-loops' from Rimmel. Although I barely get any wear out of this shade because it is really dark, (the swatch doesn't do it justice,) I had to give it a special mention because it is the perfect vampy purple shade for Halloween - I am even wearing it as part of my costume this year! It is so fun to wear and it definitely turns a lot of heads!

So, those are my favourite autumn lipsticks at the moment! Have you tried any of these shades before and if so, what do you think of them? Also, if you can recommend any more autumnal shades that you think I need to get my hands on, then please let me know by leaving any suggestions down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment