Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Wednesday 2 September 2015

My Monthly Favourites - August 2015


Hey guys, I'm back with another installment of monthly favourites for you! I have to admit I'm pretty sad that August has come to and end and we have now entered into September. This officially means that our summer is officially over! Soon enough, I'm going to have to start thinking about updating my wardrobe for autumn and donning a coat every time I leave the house - boooo! Moaning aside, however, August enabled me to fall in love with some new products and rediscover an old favourite too. So, let's see what I have been loving throughout the past four weeks!

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - £38.00
It's never been a secret that my favourite UD palette has always been the Naked 2, as cool toned eyeshadows suit me a lot more that warm ones do! However, this month I have been turning to my Naked 3 palette a lot more than usual. Sometimes I just fancy wearing pink hues on my lids instead! A few of my most loved shadows within this gorgeous palette have been 'Limit,' which is a great crease shade, and 'Darkside' or 'Blackheart' for when I have been creating dramatic night time looks. As I'm sure you're all aware by now, these shadows have amazing staying power and pigmentation, which is why this palette has been such a holy grail for me throughout August!

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Lip Stain in LA Exclusive - £8.99
Next up is a bit of a rediscovery for me, as I was raiding my lip product collection the other day and came across this lip stain from Revlon. I used to wear this shade so much back in the day and I'm so happy that I have started using it again. Not only is the formula of the Moisture Stain range incredible due to it's buttery and non-sticky consistency but 'LA Exclusive' is such a flattering colour on my skin tone. The only way I can describe it is as a muted and paler Barbie pink! I highly recommend this shade and the entire range of colours in general, so be sure to give them a little swatch in store next time you're in Boots or Superdrug.

NARS Translucent Loose Setting Powder - £26.50
As some of you may know, my parents got me a little NARS kit with a few products in for my birthday and I absolutely loved it! Although, I was a little dubious of using a loose powder as I had never used one before. However, now I have fallen in love with using this translucent powder to set my under eye concealer. I used to apply my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte all over but using a different powder for under my eye makes me feel so fancy! Now that have become accustomed to this new technique, I really want to buy another loose powder that will brighten up my eye area instead of using this one that has no colour to it.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil in Turn On - £13.50
Of course, lip pencils have become very popular again over the past year or so and I heard that the 24/7 Urban Decay range were top notch. So, this year I have purchased two of them! My favourite shade is 'Turn On,' which i the most stunning blue-toned pink! It certainly packs a punch colour wise but it isn't too over the top and that's why I love it so much. It makes a nice change when I don't want to wear a nude lip during the daytime! I also love the formula of these pencils so much; they are super duper creamy and comfortable to wear. Plus, they have great longevity too!

Garnier Ultimate Blends Shine Revitaliser Shampoo - £2.79
Last but not least, I normally use a shampoo that adds volume or thickness to my fine and lacklustre hair but I feel that can build up a horrible residue in my hair from time to time. So, when I want to use a more lightweight and clarifying shampoo, I have been using this one from Garnier. The whole Ultimate Blends range seems to be very popular right now as it gets the job done and you cannot beat the price point! I love the lemon and green tea scent too as it's so refreshing and uplifting in the mornings. It also adds some shine and life back into my hair when it's feeling dull from my volume shampoo as well! 

So, those are my favourites from the month of August. I have loved using them and would highly recommend them to all of my followers! Now, I cannot wait to see what September brings and what I will enjoy using next. What have been you favourite products this month? Have you used any of my favourites before? Let me know by leaving a comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment