Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Saturday 18 July 2015

Tried & Tested: Cocoa Brown's 1 Hour Tan


Up until recently, I haven't been the biggest lover and fake tan but this summer I have completely changed my mind! I have always been quite a scaredy-cat when it comes to self-tanner as I always dreaded getting the application process wrong and ending up looking like an oompa loompa or an extra on TOWIE... until now! Don't get me wrong, I did used to apply a gradual tanning lotion from to time if it was a special occasion and that worked okay for a while. I even blogged about my love affair with Garnier's Summer Body here last year. However, over time, I found that the results were no longer what I wanted! I desired a deeper and more long-lasting colour, so that's when I switched over to the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan (£7.99) by Marissa Carter.

I had always seen fabulous reviews of this product from other bloggers and so I really wanted to try it out for myself. I really liked the idea that I didn't have to sleep in this product overnight, especially as it has been so hot and humid here in the UK lately - I was constantly stuck to my bed sheets whilst applying the Garnier lotion! Now that I've tried this accelerated formula, I really cannot imagine myself going back to be honest! I love how you can leave the mousse on your skin for 1-3 hours depending on how light or dark you want your tan to be. Then, all you have to do is hop into the shower and rinse your body off without any shower gel or wash - it really is as simple as that! On average, I leave mine on for an hour and a half as I am fair-haired and I don't want it to look too unnatural.

Of course, I go through the same process with this tan as any other brand. I shave, exfoliate with a body scrub and apply a light layer of lotion to any areas that are prone to going patchy - my hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet. No matter what product you use, your prep process should always remain the same to ensure that you end up getting the best results possible!

Another thing that I love about this mousse is that it has an excellent olive-toned guide colour so that you can see which areas of your body you are covering as you go along. With this product, you are highly unlikely to miss anywhere and so far, my application has been perfect every single time. I have used this product three times already and I still have enough left to get one last application out of it, which in my eyes is great value for money considering it's very affordable price tag! As well as this, Cocoa Brown doesn't have the usual biscuit-like smell that most self-tanners do. In fact, it has a floral gardenia scent instead which is a lot more pleasing!

Overall, so far I am obsessed with this fake tan and I will definitely repurchase another bottle as soon as my current one runs out. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any good before and after photos to show you how well the product actually works but rest assured you will be brown every single time, not orange! I hope that this review has been helpful to you if you were thinking about trying out this tan for the first time. However, if you have used this tan before, what did you think of it? What is your all-time favourite tanning product? Please give me your feedback and recommendatinos by popping a comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment