Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday 4 June 2015

My Birthday Trip To Colchester Zoo


As you may or may not know, depending on whether you read my latest blog post about all of the Lush goodies that I received (click here), it was my 21st birthday last Thursday! I wasn't really too sure at first as to what I wanted to do for it but I remembered how much fun a day out at the zoo can be, whatever age you are. Furthermore, me, my boyfriend Kieran and my parents took a little drive up to Colchester Zoo to spend the day looking at all of the gorgeous animals and feeling like little kids again! So, today I wanted to show you what I got up to for this milestone of mine. I know that it may not be the most traditional way to celebrate such an occasion but I had a great time and so I thought that I would give you all a little glimpse into what my day was like. I hope you enjoy reading all about it!


Luckily for us, it was PERFECT weather! It was sunny without being unbearably hot, which meant that we could walk around freely and really take everything in. We took our time to visit all of the animals around the zoo and we also managed to fit in some elephant & giraffe feedings, as well as the sea lion presentation too! We also went on their 'Lost Madagascar Train' where you get driven around a certain route to view some of the animals up close and personal. You're even allowed to get out and wonder around inside the lemur enclosure!




In terms of what all of our favourite animals were to see, my Mum is a huge fan of giraffes, my Dad loved the elephants, Kieran's all time favourite animals are otters and I particularly loved the penguins and red pandas. However, I practically thought that every creature there (apart from the spiders and snakes) were all pretty amazing!

Even though I'm quite the novice when it comes to photography, I am really proud of some of the photos that I managed to capture throughout the day - especially as the animals were almost always moving around! Over the course of the day, I must have gotten my camera out a million times so that I had lots of memories of the day to look back on.




After about 5 or 6 hours at the zoo, you can imagine that our feet were aching quite a bit! So we decided to call it a day, took a quick look in the gift shop and then started making our way back home. After having such a fun-filled day, I decided that I just wanted to chill out at home, open some more presents and have a huge Indian takeaway for dinner as a further treat. It really meant a lot to me that I got to spend my day with the three most important people in my life. Overall, I had such a wonderful day trip and I wish that I could do it all over again! 

4 comments:

  1. Aw it looks like you had an amazing day! I love going to the zoo!
    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had the best day! Thank you for reading Stacey :) xx

      Delete
  2. Such lovely photos, looks so much fun! Desperately trying to drag my boyfriend to the zoo but I want it to be lovely weather like you had! xx

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor :) it was so lovely, I hope that you get to go soon! xx

      Delete