Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Wednesday 22 April 2015

The Kylie Jenner Lip


It will probably come as no surprise that I am just as obsessed over the Kylie Jenner lip trend as everybody else is. It seems that everybody in the world is now after that perfect pout! Mind you, I am a little late hopping onto the bandwagon as I wasn't sure whether the nude-y brown look would suit my complexion... but low and behold, it does! Up until now I have definitely been more of a bold lip kinda gal but recently, I have been leaning towards nude shades more than ever before! Therefore, today I wanted to share a few of my favourite products with you that mimic Kylie's look perfectly. Let's get started!

First up is Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet in Beau Brun (£8.99.) I have been a huge fan of this range of liquid lipsticks ever since they launched and have raved about them many times on my blog before! So when I found out that they had released a few new shades, including a nude-y brown, I had to get my hands on it pronto. Now, this product is not as nude as the other two in this post. In fact, Beau Brun is quite a vivid nude with brown undertones (it's a pretty hard colour to describe!) It may not be the classic Kylie shade but I have seen her rock a colour like this before and it's still just as gorgeous!

Next is MAC's Velvet Teddy Lipstick (£15.50,) the most famous shade that Miss Jenner is rumoured to use. This lipstick has become so popular over the past year that it's almost always sold out and is near on impossible to get hold of at times! However, luckily for me, my good friend Chloe who actually works for MAC got one for me as soon as it was back in stock. As you can imagine, this shade is just as amazing as everybody makes it out to be. It's the perfect 90's shade that looks beautiful on so many skin tones.

(Top: Beau Brun - Middle: Velvet Teddy - Bottom: Addiction)

Last but not least is Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in Addiction (£3.99.) Not only is it near on a perfect dupe for Velvet Teddy, only every so slightly darker, it's an absolute bargain too. I love finding drugstore products like this! I have only recently gotten into using lip liner but now I'm a complete convert and I cannot wait to start collecting some more colours to add to my collection. The Exaggerate range is quite creamy and so I have been enjoying using this shade all over the lips, as well as using it just the outline them.

So, there you have it guys. Those are three of my favourite shades to get Kylie's look at the moment! Which shade is our favourite? Are you a fan of this trend too? Let me know by leaving a comment down below, I'd love to hear your feedback!

4 comments:

  1. I love the mac velvet teddy lipstick!x
    http://adelicateobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so glad that I finally got my hands on it :) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I highly recommend it, it's worth the hype :) x

      Delete