Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 30 March 2015

Post From The Past: Creme Egg Brownies


With Easter just around the corner, I thought that I would dig up the recipe for these delicious Creme Egg Brownies that I first previewed on my blog around this time last year. There are so many lovely Easter treats recipes floating around at the moment including the classic 'Easter Nests' made from shredded wheat to more challenging bakes like making your own hot cross buns from scratch! However, this super chocolate-y and indulgent brownie recipe will always be a firm favourite in my eyes. You can read my original post from last April by clicking here, or else, keep on reading for a recap of both the ingredients you will need and the step-by-step instructions.

Ingredients needed
185g of unsalted butter
185g of dark chocolate
85g of plain flour
40g of cocoa powder
3 large eggs
275g of golden caster sugar
6 Cadbury's Creme Eggs


Step 1
Place your Creme Eggs in the fridge to firm up for later. Then, melt the dark chocolate and butter together using whichever method you prefer and set it aside to cool.


Step 2
Crack the three eggs into a bowl and add all of the golden caster sugar. Mix the ingredients together at a high speed for around 3 minutes or until the mixture has doubled in volume.


Step 3
Pour the cooled chocolate and butter mixture into the bowl with the eggs and sugar. Gently fold until everything is combined.

Step 4 
Sieve your plain flour & cocoa powder into the mixture and gently fold it all together. Pour the finished mixture into your greased/lined baking tin, smooth it out and cook for 15 minutes.

Step 5
Whilst the brownies are cooking, take your Creme Eggs out of the fridge and cut them into halves using a sharp knife. After the 15 minutes are up, remove the brownies from the oven and gently press the egg halve into the mixture. Cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes.

Step 6
Cut the brownies into squares whilst they are still hot and in the tin, as it is much easier, and then leave them to cool. Then, dig in!


Please let me know if you decide to try out this truly scrumptious recipe for yourself, I know you won't regret it (apart from maybe the calories haha!) My boyfriend has booked some time off of work this week and so I am really excited to make another batch with him this week. I cannot wait to dig in and I bet that you can't too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness! They look SO good! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are soooo tasty! Let me know if you give them a try :) xx

      Delete