Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Wednesday 18 March 2015

My New Healthy Habits


Recently, I have been feeling very unhappy with my body and I have finally decided to take action! I have consciously tried to eat healthier for quite a long time now but I have found myself falling off the wagon time and time again. So, I knew that I had to start taking my eating habits a little more seriously than before. I know that 'dieting' is not for me because that word is extremely restricting, plus I only really need to shed a few pounds and tone up a little. With that in mind, I have decided to slowly ween myself away from the junk that I was eating before and simply make a few healthier choices instead (rather than cutting everything out at once.)

Today, I wanted to share with you the three main changes that I have made so far and show you my new 'healthy habits.' Let's get started!


1. Exercise
Ever since leaving school and no longer having those grueling PE lessons on the sports field, I have not participated in much physical activity - especially since I gave up my dancing lessons when I was 16 too. So, I have decided to start off with small exercises that still get my heart pumping. I have been taking my dog for more brisk walks, as well as using a Pilates DVD to help tone up my stomach, legs, arms and bum.


2. Porridge for breakfast
I used to eat Crunchy Nut almost every morning for breakfast and although it wasn't the unhealthiest thing in the world, most cereals contain a lot of sugar. So, I have recently switched to having this Special K red berry porridge instead. Not only does the wholegrain fill you up for longer but each sachet only contains 104 calories. Result!

3. Snack substitutions
As soon as I got peckish throughout the day, the first thing I used to reach for was was the biscuit tin or a chocolate bar. The temptation was just too good to be true! However, I have now started to choose slightly healthier snacks instead. I reach for a piece of fruit, a yoghurt or cereal bar instead. I love Yu! dried fruit pieces as they count as one of your 5 a day. Plus, Nakd bars are simply made up of dates, cashews, raisins and fruit.

So, those are the three subtle changes that I have made to my diet and exercise regime so far. I still have a long way to go, as I have really only just started but I am looking forward to becoming a healthier and more active individual. What are your 'healthy habits'? What do you like to do in order to stay fit? Please let me know by leaving a comment below, as I would appreciate any advice to help me better myself even further!

No comments:

Post a Comment