Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday 18 December 2014

A Christmas Lip & Nail Combo


Hi guys. The other day, I picked up a few new products from Boots in order to update my make-up collection for the festive period. I was seriously lacking both a long-lasting and reliable red lip, as well as a cute metallic and glittery nail polish. So, I picked up these two absolute beauties!

After trying the shade 'Frambourjoise' from Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet (£8.99) range when it was first released, I had been meaning to pick up another shade for quite some time. So, this time I have opted for the shade 'Personne Ne Rouge' which is a classic, vivid red colour. The main reason that I love this particular product is that even though it gives a matte finish, it does not dry out my lips too much unlike other brands do. Plus, the formulation of this liquid lipstick is so lightweight that it barely feels like I am wearing anything at all! The fact that this product is a long-lasting stain also means that it is perfect for this time of year, where you tend to be out eating, drinking and partying the night away! Most of the time, I do not have to reapply this product at all so it is perfect for creating a fuss-free yet glamorous make-up look for around Christmas time.

To go with my red lip, I wanted to buy a glitzy and metallic nail polish to go alongside it. I do not wear glitter nail varnishes that often but of course, Christmas is the perfect time to do so. You can never have too much sparkle at this time of year. So, I picked up Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure (£6.99) in 'Shoot To The Moon,' which is strangely not available on the Boots website but it is definitely available in store! I have owned a few Sally Hansen polished in the past and I have loved all of them. They go on evenly, dry relatively fast and the flat, wide brush makes application an absolute breeze. This striking silver shade is perfect for this time of year which has a lovely metallic finish with fine particles of glitter running through it, so you get the best of both worlds in that respect!

I think that these two product combined make the perfect lip & nail combo for this time of year. What do you guys think? What make-up you will be wearing over the festive period? Please let me know by leaving a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment