Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday 3 October 2014

Rimmel Provocalips Lip Colour Review


After hearing lots of rave reviews about Rimmel's new lip product 'Provocalips' from various beauty bloggers, I just knew that I had to pick up a couple of shades for myself. They sounded so amazing that I even went down to my local Boots on the first day of their release to the general public. Plus, there is a deal on at the moment whereby if you spend over £10 on any Rimmel products, you receive a Lash Accelerator Endless mascara for free - which of course, I opted for! I am a bit of a lip product junkie and it my favourite make-up product by far, I just love trying out tons of different colours and formulas! After only having these products for two days, I am already really impressed with them and so I thought it was only right that I did a review on this brand new launch. Let's get started!

The Provocalips range (RRP £6.99 each) comes in eight shades; Skinny Dipping, Make Your Move, Dare To Pink, I'll Call You, Little Minx, Kiss Me You Fool, Play With Fire and Kiss Fatal. What's really great about this range is that there really is a colour for everybody as there are both natural and bold shades to choose from. 

Rimmel claim that Provocalips can last up to 16 hours on your lips whilst being kiss proof, transfer proof and food proof. Those are usually some pretty hefty claims to live up to but so far, I would agree with all of those statements! The product is extremely long wearing and it barely fades at all throughout the day. You may need to touch it up just a tad as you reach late afternoon but just two applications throughout the day is pretty incredible compared to standard lip products.

The product itself has two steps. Step 1 is applying the colour to your lips, which will then dry down to a sticky matte consistency within about 30 seconds. Then, the second step is to apply the clear balm that acts as a topcoat for the product. Not only does this stage ensure that your lip colour is locked into place but it adds a lot of moisture and shine back into the lips too. Both steps also have a doe foot applicator which is the perfect size to apply the product onto your lips quickly and precisely.


The two shades in the range that I went for are 'I'll Call You' (a classic pink shade) and 'Kiss Fatal' (a deep purple shade.) I love how 'I'll Call You' is a shade that can be easily be worn during the day time when you don't want to go to OTT. On the other hand, 'Kiss Fatal' is a vampy and darker colour which will look great in the evening and for nights out, especially as we are now entering into autumn/winter.

I would say that the only downside to this product is that the top coat is not as long lasting as the actual lip colour, so that tends to disappear quite quickly. This means that your lips may start to feel a little dry and dehydrated, although it's simple to apply the top coat without a mirror to make your lips feel nourished again. That's a small price to pay in my opinion, as quickly swiping on the balm every now and again is not very time consuming.

Overall, I absolutely love this new launch from Rimmel and I am already looking forward to picking up a few more shades. 'Make Your Move' and 'Kiss Me You Fool' are definitely the next two on my list! What do you think of this new range? Have you tied out Provocalips yet and which colour did you purchase? Please let me know by leaving a comment below, I always love reading your opinions!

7 comments:

  1. I really want to try these. I'll Call You looks really pretty.

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such great products, especially for the price :) thank you for reading Jordan x

      Delete
  2. The whole range has gorgeous and perfect colours! Than you for reading Larissa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I haven't seen very much about these before, the colours you chose look really pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't been as overly publicised as some other products have lately but they're amazing :) I highly recommend them! xx

      Delete
  4. You chose beautiful colours! I'm thinking of getting 'I'll call you' or 'little minx'. I just wish I would dare to wear bright burgundy colour as it looks amazing

    Dovile
    www.dovilefashion. co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such good things about these lipsticks and 'once they dry they don't budge' I need that in a lip product xD

    Casey - ATopsyTurvyBlog

    ReplyDelete