Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday 19 September 2014

Maybelline 3 for 2 Boots Haul


Last Monday, I popped into my local Boots whilst out shopping with my parents. I was determined to purchase one of Maybelline's new Color Elixirs but when I saw it was also 3 for 2 on all Maybelline products, I couldn't resist having a little spend up! That's the typical thing us beauty bloggers do when we go into Boots, right? We come out with way more than we originally needed! Due the the 2 for 2 deal, I have discovered two new products that I would have otherwise ignored, so I guess I can justify my spending more than I wanted to! After my splurge, I though it was only right that I shared what I bought with you guys on my blog. Let's get started!

Maybelline Color Elixir Creamy Lip Lacquer in Rose Redefined - £6.99

First up is the product that I actually wanted to purchase, one of the new Color Elixir lip lacquers. I have a lot of lipsticks and lip crayons in my make-up collection, so I thought it was about time that I bought a few more glossy formulas to add to my stash. I had heard nothing but good reviews about this product and I can confirm that everything I heard is true. The consistency of the lacquer is very smooth and not at all sticky or uncomfortable to wear. The doe foot applicator makes applying this product a breeze and not only this but the colour pay off is brilliant. It definitely has more pigmentation than a normal gloss does. The colour I chose is 'Rose Redefined,' which is gorgeous yet natural pink shade with a slight peachy tone to it too. I just love it and I definitely want to pick up another shade soon!


(Top: Maybelline Color Elixir in Rose Redefined - Bottom: Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick in Minimalist)

Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Colour in Deep Red - £4.99
Next up is a nail varnish that I have often overlooked because I do not tend to buy drugstore nail polishes anymore. This is because since I did my nail course last year, I have been buliding up my kit with more professional bands such as China Glaze. However, as I was doing the 3 for 2, I thought that I would give this gorgeous aptly named deep red colour a go. It's the perfect shade for autumn! The wide brush makes application incredibly easy and the colour comes out extremely opaque, it is definitely a two coat job. The only thing that I would say is that this formula does take quite a while to dry, so you need to make sure that you have enough time to sit around and wait for them to completely dry. However, once dried, this polish is incredible. I forgot to put on a top coat and it took 5 days for chips to appear (and they were only very small.) It gives you a glossy, gel-like finish that makes it look like you have been to the salon too. This is a must-have product!

Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick in Minimalist - £4.99
Last but not least, I spotted this lip pencil on a fellow beauty bloggers page recently in a berry colour and I knew I had to have it, but that shade is sold out in all of my local stores. So, I decided to try out the shade 'Minimalist' instead which is a neutral pink shade with lots of glitter running through it. I must admit that I am not a huge fan of the amount of glitter in it but it does look very pretty on the lips. It is a great daytime colour for when you don't want to go too overboard. When I first used this pencil, it was a little hard and was dragging my lips as I tried to apply it. However, I just rubbed the pencils tip between my hands a little to soften it and that worked a charm. I wouldn't say that this product is worth buying for the reasons I have stated above but it is pretty nonetheless and I will still wear it from time to time.

I hope that you have all enjoyed reading my Maybelline 3 for 2 Boots Haul. Overall, I am extremely happy with the Color Elixir lacquer and the Super Stay polish but I am slightly disappointed with the Color Drama lipstick pencil, although that was my free item. Without the 2 for 2 deal, I would have spent £16.97 but instead I was only £11.98 out of pocket! Have you tried one of the product above? Which one is your favourite? Please let me know by leaving a comment below!

6 comments:

  1. Totally addicted to the nail polish! I am hoarding them at the moment. I really want to try the lip pencil! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which shades do you have Jasmin? I want to get more, Uptown Blue looks lovely :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the Super Stay nail polishes! They definitely surprised me. The color elixir is so gorgeous too, especially in that shade! :) xx

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you there Angela :) thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. I have a few of the Colour Elixirs and absolutely love them. I don't usually like lip glosses but love how these don't feel sticky on the lips and have good pigmentation.

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jordan, they're really lovely! I must get some more colours soon :) x

      Delete