Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 18 August 2014

My Real Techniques Brush Collection


Hi guys, today I thought that I would share my Real Techniques brush collection with you. Surprisingly and rather embarrassingly, I had never used proper make-up brushes up until last year, aside from a cheap Superdrug brush to apply powder and blusher etc. However, after starting my blog in March 2013, I soon discovered Real Techniques brushes and how much everybody adored them. So, I went to Boots and picked up the ever-so-popular Core Collection and that is when my obsession begun. Since then, I have added three more RT brushes to my collection and also hope to buy more in the future. Using high quality brushes has completely revolutionised the way that I apply my make-up and so today I wanted to write a post about the seven brushes that I own so far and what I use each one for. Let's get started!


The Core Collection - £21.99

Buffing Brush - This is without a doubt my favourite brush out of my entire collection, I use it religiously to apply my foundation. I love the way that it blends liquid foundation into my skin so easily and buffing the product in a circular motion leaves me with such an amazing yet natural finish, no matter how high the coverage is.

Pointed Foundation Brush - Although this brush was originally designed to apply foundation, I actually use this brush for a different purpose. I like to use it to pinpoint applying powder instead. As it is quite small and flat, I like to pat on powder under my eyes and so on to set my concealer in place and make sure that it doesn't budge throughout the day.

Contour Brush - Similarly with the contour brush, I tend to use this brush to apply powder highlighters instead. The shape and size of the brush makes it perfect for applying highlighter on the high point of my cheekbones to add luminosity and dimension to the skin. However, on the odd special occasion when I do decide to contour, this would be the brush that I would reach for too.

Detailer Brush - This is definitely the brush that I get the least use out of. I haven't really found many uses for it aside from pinpointing concealer on to really small areas such as blemishes, so that is what I use it for when pesky spots occur. I could also use the detailer brush to apply lipstick precisely but I tend to do just fine applying lipstick directly from the tube.



Powder Brush - £12.99
The powder brush is the first extra brush that I bought after purchasing the core collection. I love how big the brush is and it makes it so easy and quick to apply powder to set the rest of my make up. I think that the brush picks up the perfect amount of product too, so it never applies too cakey or thick.

Blush Brush - £9.99
The blush brush is my second favourite brush from my collection, as well as being one of the newest editions to my set. I love how fluffy this brush is and how it is slightly tapered, which means it applies blusher and bronzer beautifully. Just like the powder brush, it applies the perfect amount of product on to my cheeks.

Expert Face Brush - £9.99
I got the expert face brush for my birthday along with the blush brush above. I wanted it as an alternative to applying foundation as so many people rave about it but I do not like it anywhere near as much as my buffing brush, so I do not use this one very often. However, it is great for blending out blusher or bronzer if I have applied too much, so that is what I tend to use it for.

I hope you have all enjoyed reading about my Real Techniques brush collection! I think its safe to say that I would never go back to not using brushes ever again because I love them so much. Real Techniques are a wonderful brand and have amazing yet relatively affordable brushes, and the fact they are designed my Sam and Nic Chapman (aka Pixiwoo) makes them even better! Do you own any RT brushes? Which one is your favourite? Please let me know by leaving a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with Real Techniques Brushes, there amazing quality and at a very affordable price. I love buying the sets and the single brushes! I hope to one day own the whole entire collection!

    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Krystal, they're amazing! I hope to own the eye set next :) x

      Delete