Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday 5 June 2014

Vera Wang's Lovestruck Floral Rush Perfume


Hi guys. As you may or may not know, it was my 20th birthday last Wednesday and one of my main presents from my parents was Vera Wang's Lovestruck Floral Rush perfume. Lovestruck Floral Rush is a newer version of Vera Wang's original Lovestruck perfume but with you've guessed it, more of a floral twist! I had been lusting after this fragrance ever since I spritzed it on myself in my local Debenhams a few months ago. Hence, my Mum kindly went back and bought it for me! So, today I thought that I would do a mini review telling you all a bit more about this perfume and what I think of it so far. Let's get started!

Sizes & Pricing
This eau de parfum is available in three different sizes; 30ml , 50ml and 100ml. The size I have is the 30ml bottle which is priced at £35.00 on the Debenhams website, though the price does seem to vary slightly on other various beauty websites. Similarly, the 50ml bottle is usually around the £48.00 mark and a 100ml bottle will set you back roughly £62.00.

Fragrance Notes
The main notes of Lovestruck Floral Rush include champagne accord, pink passion flower and cashmere woods. The scent is, of course, predominantly floral but the addition of cashmere wood ensures that it is not too over-powering or sickly sweet. Although the scent is relatively light, there is a slight musk to it that makes it a little more sophisticated and sexy.

Longevity
In terms of how long this fragrance lasts on the skin, I think that it is incredibly long-wearing. I typically apply one spritz on my wrist and then rub both wrists together, as well as one on both sides of my neck and this seems to do the trick. Throughout the day as I am moving about, I always catch a whiff of the scent and it smells just as good as when it's first applied! As this is a special perfume, I will not be using it every day and so I hope that this bottle will last me a while too.

Packaging
The packaging of this perfume is what initially drew me in. My favourite colour is purple, so it immediately attracted my attention. I absolutely adore the lid which features three cute purple flowers, as well as the floral patterned bow around it. There is no doubt about it that this bottle is a real show stopper and it will look great displayed on your dressing table or shelf!

Overall, anybody who is a fan of floral scents will love this perfume. Not only does it smell gorgeous but of course, the pretty purple packaging is to die for too! I am so pleased that I received this as one of my birthday presents, I can quickly see it becoming my new favourite fragrance! If you are interested in what else I got presents wise, please check out Part 1 & Part 2 of 'What I Got For My 20th Birthday.' I hope you all enjoyed this mini review of Vera Wang's Lovestruck Floral Rush perfume. Have you tried this scent before? What is your favourite fragrance to wear? Please feel free to let me know by leaving a comment below. Thank you!

12 comments:

  1. I love floral fragrances, definitely going to give this a sniff the next time I'm in Debenhams! The lid looks so inconvenient though haha!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it :) the lid is pretty easy, it just comes straight off. You don't need to undo the bow or anything! xx

      Delete
  2. hope you had a good birthday! I love the original of this so will definitely have to check out this new one, the packaging is gorgeous as well. would love if you could check out my blog:)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you Louise :) I definitely recommend this, I've never actually smelt the original. Of course, I'll check it out now! x

      Delete
  3. wow the packaging looks GORGEOUS! Although it might be a bit difficult to put in your bag but it would make a great decoration as well!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it Yige, I agree that it isn't the best scent for travelling though! xx

      Delete
  4. I love floral smells! This looks amazing and the packaging is to die for! xx
    Rena Kiss and Make Up // 150 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Rena, floral scents are my absolute favourite. Thank you for commenting :) x

      Delete
  5. i love her perfumes, definitely need to try this!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Danielle, I highly recommend this one :) x

      Delete
  6. The pretty packaging is enough to make me want to buy it without even smelling it ^.^
    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what initially drew me in as well haha but I can assure you, it smells great too :) x

      Delete