Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Benefit's 'Do The Bright Thing' Beauty Kit


Hi guys. As my main birthday present from my brother at the end of last month, I received this amazing beauty kit from Benefit called 'Do The Bright Thing.' This kit in particular has been put together for those of us who want to achieve a brighter complexion or a dewy finish to their make-up. I think that beauty kits like this one are such a great idea because they enable you to try out a bunch of different products from a brand instead of just taking the plunge and buying the full-size products straight away. 'Do The Bright Thing' contains the following five mini products; the That Gal Brightening Face Primer, High Beam, Dandelion Blush, Bad Gal Waterproof eyeliner and They're Real mascara. The kit retails at £26.50 and it can be purchased from either a Benefit counter or on their website. It is also available on ASOS, where you can order it with free postage & packaging too.


The kit itself comes in a super cute, yet sturdy pink box with floral detailing. As you can see, the kit also comes with a good sized mirror which means that this kit would also be very handy for travelling to save space or even when you're on the move. As well as this, when you unfold the flaps covering the mirror, you are presented with a 'tips & tricks' section which gives suggestions and methods on how to use each product effectively. Another handy feature that Benefit have clearly put a lot of thought into are little yellow ribbon tabs that you can see poking out of each product section. These tabs make lifting out a specific item from the kit really easy, instead of you having to tip the entire box upside down.

The That Gal Brightening Face Primer is probably my favourite product from the kit. This pink-based primer really gives a luminous glow to the skin. Whenever I have been wearing this product underneath my foundation, somebody has commented on how good my skin looks! The product not only glides on smoothly but it has this really amazing smell too which I can't quite put my finger on, I just love it. I think it's safe to say that I will definitely be buying the full-size version of this when I run out!

High Beam is another great product within the kit. This illuminating highlighter is great for adding a glow to your cheekbones, brow bone and so on. Due to the fact that it is a liquid formulation, it is incredibly easy to blend with either your fingers or a brush. This particular highlighter is quite noticeable on the skin, however, so I think I will stick to using it at night time or for special occasions. A little goes a long with with this product too, so hopefully even this mini size will last me a long time!

The Dandelion Blush is one of Benefit's most popular boxed blushers. Dandelion is a lovely soft pink shade which has a lot of shimmer running though it. This blusher is perfect for days where you skin is looking a little bit on the dull side and applied to the apples of your cheeks, it instantly perks up your complexion! Due to it being such a light and subtle shade, sometimes the colour pay-off isn't amazing but it can easily be built-up to something a little more noticeable if you desire.


The fourth item in 'Do The Bright Thing' is the Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner. Personally, I am more of a liquid eyeliner fan myself but as far as pencils go, this one is pretty great. Bad Gal glides on smoothly and does not scratch or drag the eye like other eyeliners sometimes do. I wouldn't go as far to say that the product is waterproof, although it did last a lot longer than other brands that I have tried. I applied this product onto my bottom waterline to test it out and I still does wear off a little after it has been on for a few hours.

The last item in the kit is the ever-so-popular They're Real Mascara, which is the number one best selling mascara in the UK and I have loved this product every since I tried it early last year. I often do not have much luck with mascaras as they tend to nothing for my short and fine eyelashes but this one certainly does! They're Real adds so much length and volume to my lashes, as well as giving them an intense black colour. The brush is super handy too as it has a little ball on the end of it to get to all of those pesky little lashes too.

Overall, I have been absolutely loving this kit and I am very grateful that I got it for my birthday. My two favourite products out of the five are the That Gal primer and the They're Real Mascara. These beauty kits from Benefit are certainly a great buy and it gives you the opportunity to try out lots of products from the brand for an extremely reasonable price. 

Have you tried this kit or any of the above products before? What is your favourite Benefit product? Please let me know by leaving a comment below. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. I love high beam, I use it everyday! Just a tiny bit but it goes a long way to brightening the complexion xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! I agree, you only need a tiny amount to see results :) xx

      Delete
  2. Must try one of these boxes :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend this one Taylor, it's great :) thank you for commenting! x

      Delete
  3. This sounds so gorgeous I love the look of the High Beam Highlighter!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High Beam is lovely Amy, you should definitely try it :) xx

      Delete
  4. that looks like such a handy kit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great! I cannot wait to try another one of their kits :) xx

      Delete