Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday 1 May 2014

My Monthly Favourites - April 2014


Hi guys, it's that time of the month again where I talk about the products that I have been loving this month. Throughout April, I fallen in love with a few new products as well as rediscovering some old ones too. With a mixture of make-up, body care and one fragrance, there's a lot to talk about - so let's get started!

The Body Shop Passionfruit Body Butter - £13.00
First up is one of my rediscoveries for this month. I have so many body butters stashed away that I often forget about some of them and they end up collecting dust at the bottom of my drawer. Whilst I was tidying up the other day, however, I came across this product from The Body Shop. This passionfruit body butter not only smells amazing but it is so rich too. It really gives your skin a great deal of moisturisation without feeling overly sticky or greasy on the skin. Although the price tag is slightly steeper than other body butters on the market, The Body Shop always have deals on, so keep an eye out! I am so happy to have found this product again and I am going to be using it on a more regular basis now.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in Frambourjoise - £8.99
This is my latest beauty purchase, Bourjois' Rouge Edition Lipstick. I am not going to go into too much detail with this as I have only just reviewed it in my Boots 3 For 2 Haul, which you can read here, but it is too good not to mention in my favourites. The formulation of this lipstick is amazing; it glides on so smoothly, is highly pigmented and dries to a beautiful matte finish. Also, this product does not budge. In fact, I literally had to scrub it off of my lips at the end of the day! The shade I chose is Frambourjoise, which is a bright pink/red colour and it's very striking. I cannot rave about this product enough and I definitely want to pick up some different shades!

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume (50ml) - £47.50
Next up is a perfume that I often overlook when I am choosing a scent to wear every morning. The reason for this is because I am nearing the end of the bottle now, so I am trying to preserve what's left for special occasions. Yet, I have been reaching for this bottle quite a lot lately. I received Daisy as a gift from my parents over a year ago now and it is definitely one of my favourites. Not only is the bottle so cute but the perfume itself is right up my alley; I love anything floral! Daisy features notes of violet petals and leaves, as well as vanilla to make it slightly musky too. I am very sad to be running out of this perfume but I am going to enjoy it whilst it lasts! 

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadow in Pink Gold - £4.99
This Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow is another rediscovery that I found after majorly sorting and cleaning out my make-up bag. I bought this product absolutely ages ago, used it a few times and then stupidly forgot about it. However, it's back! The shade I have is 'Pink Gold' but I have seen this shadow many times with a variation of names now! Due to having oily eyelids (and oily skin in general,) I do not use eyeshadow that often because even with a primer, shadow always creases on my lid. However, this creamy formula has excellent staying power and I do not get as much creasing with this product! I simply like to use this for a wash of colour all over the lid, paired with my usual eyeliner flick for a pretty and girly spring time look.

Super Beauty Raspberry & Cranberry Body Scrub - £2.49
Last but not least is this really lovely scrub that I recently reviewed here on my blog. After trying to cut down on the amount I spend on certain products, I opted for this Super Beauty scrub as an alternative for my favourite body exfoliator, Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush Scrub. My skin has been very dry lately, possibly due to the recent change in weather, so I needed a product that was gentle but still abrasive enough to buff away any dry areas. This product certainly does the trick and on top of all that, it smells delicious too! Although I will probably go back to the Soap & Glory scrub if I can, this is a great budget friendly alternative!

So, that's all favourites wise for this month. I hope you all enjoyed reading about some of my most loved beauty bits that I have been using in April. What have you been reaching for lately? Have you tried any of the products I have mentioned yourself? Please let me know in the comments below. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment