Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 7 April 2014

My Lip Crayon Collection | Revlon, L'Oréal and Rimmel


Hi guys. Over the past year or two, lip crayons have majorly taken off in the beauty world. Ever since the release of Clinique's Chubby Sticks, almost every brand on the market have created their own dupes of the ever so popular product. Lip crayons are incredibly handy and useful as they give a wash of colour to the lips whilst moisturising them at the same time. These products seem to be handbag heroes too; I always have at least one thrown into the bottom of my bag in case of emergency. They are incredibly easy to apply, especially if you are out and about, as you do not necessarily need a mirror or excellent precision to apply them.

My lip crayon collection has grown steadily within this time and I thought that I would share some of my favourites with all of you today. I will be focusing on three high street brands that I think have nailed this popular trend perfectly; Revlon, L'Oréal and Rimmel. So, let's get started!

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Whimsical - £7.99
First up is one of the new Revlon Lacquer Balms released back in January of this year. 'Whimsical' is a lovely berry pink, purple-y shade that has lots of little specks of glitter running through it. I would say that this product is not that highly pigmented, it gives a nice wash of colour but it can be built up if desired. I think this should would suit every skin tone and it looks lovely on a night out!

Rimmel Color Rush Balm in The Redder The Better - £5.99
This stunning true red shade from Rimmel is definitely one of my favourites. I love the effect that a red lip gives and this product is no exception. Aside from the colour, this crayon is also incredibly moisturising and long wearing but when it does fade, it does so evenly. Plus, its cocoa and vanilla-like scent is a delicious bonus too!

L'Oréal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss in Sin For Peach - £6.99
Although the name is a little misleading, this crayon is the most gorgeous colour for every day wear. I would describe it as a pinky nude colour that is 'your lips but better.' Out of all of the aforementioned crayons, this one is by far the most moisturising too. It glides on very well and is so smooth that at times, I forget that I am even wearing a lip product at all! Being the newest addition to my collection, I definitely want to try another colour as soon as possible.


Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout - £7.99
'Standout,' one of the new matte balms from Revlon's ColorBurst collection, is a dark cherry red shade. At first, I had my concerns about buying a matte lip product as they can be very drying and show up any flaky patches that you may have. However, this product surprised me - It glides on so nicely. It is very long-wearing too, as on a night out I only have to top it up once. The colour is absolutely stunning and is great if you want to make a statement!

Rimmel Color Rush Balm in Rumor Has It - £5.99
'Rumor Has It' is a beautiful bright pink shade that looks especially amazing during spring and summer. This crayon is highly pigmented, yet the colour is definitely buildable. One layer leaves a lovely subtle pink colour on the lips. However, a couple more coats really brings this vibrant colour to life. As with my other Color Rush Balm mentioned above, I just cannot get enough of its cocoa/vanilla scent too!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush - £7.99
Last but not least is the first lip crayon that I ever bought. 'Crush' is a stunning deep berry colour that suits all skin tones. Out of all of my crayons, this one certainly lasts the longest on the lips due to it being more of a stain than a balm or gloss. I love pairing this product with a cat eye and lashings of mascara for a vampy evening look. As with all Revlon crayons, 'Crush' also has a minty scent to it that makes your lips tingle upon application, which I really like.

(Shades from left to right: Whimsical, The Redder The Better, Sin For Peach, Standout, Rumor Has It, Crush)

So, that's it for my lip crayon collection. I would definitely recommend any of these products to all of you, they are seriously amazing. I am the biggest lip crayon fan as they are so quick & easy to use and I am sure that my collection will continue to grow in the near future! What is your opinion on lip crayons? Have you used any of these products before? Which ones are your favourites? Please feel free to let me know in the comments below. Thank you! :)

10 comments:

  1. Loving the look of the L'oreal Glam Shine Stick!

    I have a new post & my 1st YouTube video on my
    Urban Decay Electric Palette Review & Green Smokey Eye Tutorial, if you would like to take a look and at my blog :)

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4995777

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely! I will be sure to check it out Charlotte, thank you for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been getting into lip crayons a lot more recently, especially lighter shades since they're really easy to pop on without having to check in the mirror and everything!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are just so handy and give such pretty results :) thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  3. What a massive collection so impressive! loving all of these shades so pretty and feminine!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abigail, I really love the effect these crayons give :) xx

      Delete
  4. Sin For Peach looks gorgeous! I'm awful at buying these because there's just so many of them around now, it bewilders me, haha! But will definitely pick up a few of these shades :)

    Alixe
    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Alexandra, there are so many that it is very hard to pick - that's why I've got so many haha :P thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too Helen, thank you for reading :) x

      Delete