Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday 7 March 2014

L'Oréal vs Garnier Micellar Cleansing Waters Review


Hi guys. Today I am going to be talking about two of the most talked about micellar waters on the high street at the moment; Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water and L'Oréal's Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar SolutionMicellar waters have become a huge craze in the beauty world over the past few years with the French brand Bioderma leading the way. So, it's only natural that this trend has filtered through onto the high street and into drugstores such as Boots and Superdrug. Both Garnier and L'Oréal are two of the most well-known brands that have jumped on this bandwagon to create more inexpensive alternatives to Bioderma and other higher end brands like Caudalie, which are not as easy to track down.

Both brands ultimately promise the same things; a water that removes make-up, cleanses and soothes the skin. Both retail at a very affordable £4.99, although they always seem to be on offer for around the £3 something mark. The solutions can be used on all three of the areas that you would usually apply your make-up - face, eyes and lips. Both are also hypo-allergenic and, therefore, are suitable for those with sensitive skin as well. In addition this, after reading the back of the bottles, their ingredient lists are exactly the same. However, despite having countless similarities, the two products do have one noticeable difference which definitely favours Garnier's version as being the better product.

The main difference between the two brands is the amount of product you actually get. L'Oréal contains a measly 200ml of product compared to Garnier, which offers double that amount with 400ml in each bottle. So, seeing as both bottles at the same price (as mentioned above,) Garnier clearly gives you a lot more value for your money. Also, one thing that the brand have included on their label which L'Oréal haven't is how many uses you can get out of the product. Garnier claim that you can get 200 uses out of the 400ml bottle, which means that each time you should be using 2ml of product. However, I feel that is a pretty tiny amount and I'm positive that I will probably use a little more than that per use. 

As for the products themselves, both solutions dissolve my make-up really well even when I have lashings of mascara and eyeliner on. I really like using both products to initially cleanse my face but I then go in with either No7 Foaming Cleanser or Soap & Glory Peaches And Clean to a second cleanse. I like to do this to ensure that every scrap of make-up has been removed and that my skin has had a thorough, deep clean. Overall, although the products do the exact same job to the exact same standard, I would obviously repurchase the Garnier version over L'Oréal's purely due to the fact that there is twice the amount of product in the bottle. 

Have any of you tried these products out? Which one do you prefer? Please let me know in the comments below :)

8 comments:

  1. I did wonder if there was actually any difference in these micellar waters! I've been eyeing up the Garnier one purely for the fact that it's a bigger size for the same price (and because my local Savers store has it for even cheaper than the RRP!)
    Will definitely pick this up when I'm finished with L'Oreal

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't much difference at all in my opinion! I realised my local Savers has it too so I will be buying it from there next time :) thank you for reading Tamsyn! xx

      Delete
  2. I like that there are more easily available products similar to Bioderma now! They're so handy for quickly removing make up <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jennie, I use them every day :) thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. I was in Superdrug and saw both of these but went for Garnier as it was double the amount, glad I did now!x
    http://blushingbeauty9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to try the Garnier cleansing water, it sounds lovely
    Bea x

    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it :) thank you for reading Bea! x

      Delete