Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 3 February 2014

My Monthly Favourites - January 2014


Hi guys. Even though we are now a couple of days into February, it's time for me to talk about my monthly favourites throughout the whole of January. It was very hard to choose my favourites this month because I have been trying to use lots of products that I had forgotten about, so I have fallen back in love with quite a few forgotten about items! However, I have managed to whittle it down to these five lovely products. Let's get started!

Peaches & Clean 4-in-1 Deep Cleansing Milk - £8.00
First up is the this amazing cleansing milk from Soap & Glory. I have tried so many cleansers on the market over the past year or so but I can honestly say that this is one of the best! It is a definitely a toss up between this or No 7's Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser for me, as I alternate between the two. I love this milk because it leaves my skin feeling really soft and it doesn't dry it out in the slightest. In addition to this, the scent is absolutely gorgeous. As suggested by the title of this product, it smells like peaches. However, it also has a minty/menthol like quality to it which is really refreshing and tingly upon application. I recommend Peaches & Clean to everybody, I cannot get enough!

Boots Extracts Cranberry Body Butter (part of a Christmas set)
Next is this lovely little body butter from the Boots Extracts range (which is part of their fair trade brand.) I received this butter along with three others as part of a set that my friend Sarah got me for Christmas. This product is lovely to use as it is not too thick and sinks into the skin really quickly, which is excellent for me as I am quite impatient and lazy when it comes to moisturising my body. I absolutely the adore the cranberry scent too! It is such a shame that this particular scent is not in the permanent Extracts range as I have feeling that I am going to get through this tiny pot rather quickly!

Soap & Glory's Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara - £10.00
I bought this mascara all the way back in August and initially, I didn't give it a very good review. Due to the fact that I have very thin and sparse lashes, I often struggle to find a mascara that does what I want it to in terms of giving me length and volume. This mascara used to disappoint me but recently, I have changed my mind! I love to use this product on days where I wear minimal make-up as it gives me just the right amount of length and volume for a natural, everyday look. The only thing that I find with this product is that the brush is a little too big, making it difficult to apply to your bottom lashes neatly.

Yankee Candle Medium Jar in Soft Blanket - £16.49
This is the first Yankee candle that I have ever owned as I have never been that into candles... until now! My best friend Laura bought this candle for me as part of my Christmas present and I love it. 'Soft Blanket' is a relaxing scent which is very comforting when you are stressed out. It also quite subtle, which I love as I am not one for overwhelming scents. I like to use this candle at night time in my bedroom or during pamper sessions in the bath to make them feel more luxurious. I am definitely a Yankee candle convert now and I hope to try more scents in the future - I have my eye on 'Beach Walk' or 'Loves Me, Loves Me Not' next!

Maybelline Color Show Nail Varnish in Brick Shimmer - £2.99
Last but not least is this lovely nail varnish from Maybelline. My preferred nail colours are usually shimmery or glittery, as I prefer the finish of them as opposed to solid, opaque colours. 'Brick Shimmer' is a beautiful bronze colour that looks really sophisticated when applied. This polish is usually chip resistant for about 4-5 days,which is quite good for a product that is just shy of £3. I am definitely going to be trying some other shades of this very affordable, pretty polish!

So, that's it! I hope you enjoyed reading about my five favourite products throughout January. Which products have you been loving over the past month or so? I would love to know what you have been reaching for! Thank you :) 

6 comments:

  1. That candle sounds like such a lovely scent. I absolutely adore clean, comforting scents x

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I prefer subtle and clean scents :) thank you for reading Rebecca! x

      Delete
  2. I love that candle so much, there's something really comforting about it <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Jennie! Thank you for reading :) xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Aimee, I definitely recommend all 5! :) x

      Delete