Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday 1 October 2013

My Month Via Instagram - September 2013


It's that time of the month again where I give all of you, my lovely readers, an update of what I have gotten up to over the past month. As always, I cannot believe that another month has been and gone since I wrote one of these types of posts last - time really does fly! Before we know it, it will be Halloween and then Christmas and that is a really daunting prospect! On that note, here's what I have been up to throughout September!

1. I have been a fan of The 1975 for a while now. So, the day that their debut album was released  I rushed straight to my local Sainsbury's to pick up a copy! This CD has been in my car ever since and I absolutely love it. My favourite tracks off the album are 'Chocolate,' 'Sex,' 'Settle Down' and 'Girls.' I really recommend that you give this band a listen if you haven't already!


2. This month, the 11th September to be precise, was my Mum and Dad's 20th anniversary and like the lovely daughter I am, I made them a cake to celebrate. Baking is one of my favourite things to do and so I made them a red velvet cake complete with really cute, little marzipan roses too. It was delicious! It's so crazy that they have been together for such a long time, almost as long as I have been alive (I was conceived around the same time as the wedding, aww!) 

3. As a lot of you may know, it's very hard to see your friends at times due to how busy everyone's schedules are nowadays. So, the other week I decided to host a girls night at my house. I was really excited and pulled out all the stops; I bought some snacks and made my own rocky road bites, as well as making some fun games to play and so on. I had a lovely time catching up with everybody and I am definitely going to try and make this a more regular thing from here on out!

4. I've been quite stressed out recently and so I have had multiple pamper nights this month. I love taking an evening to myself, running a bath and using all of my favourite products. Recently, I have been using the Soap & Glory range an awful lot. I think that their entire product range feels so luxurious on the skin, plus they all smell amazing! My favourites from the range are 'The Righteous Butter' and 'Heel Genius.'

5. The other day I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends, Charlotte, as she has moved to London for university after doing a foundation course in art last year. On the day of her move, I decided to go and say goodbye and buy her a little card too. It was rather sad as we have grown a lot closer lately but as London is not very far away, I'm sure we will still be able to see each other quite often! 

6. Lastly, me and friend Sarah had a night out clubbing this weekend just gone. We decided to go all out with our outfits and make-up, this meant wearing our highest heels and our fanciest clothes. Between us we have so many dresses but what makes me laugh is that we ended up wearing each others! We had pre-drinks at my house and I even found some cocktail umbrellas to put in our drink (hence the photograph.) This is now one of my favourite photos we have together!

I hope that you have enjoyed reading about what I have been up during the month of September. Stayed tuned to my blog as I have a lot of content planned for October! Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment