Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Summer Style: Patterned Culottes


Now that the weather is warming up, it's time for us to invest in some summer shorts and I believe that a big trend this season is patterned culottes. Not only are the patterns extremely summery; I also think that culottes are perfect for hot, sunny days as they are incredibly floaty and will not cling to your legs too much. In addition, I love that culottes are high-waisted as this makes them very flattering on most body types, as they cinch you in at the waist. This also means that if you a brave enough, you could pair the shorts with a crop top, showing just a little bit of your midriff! At the moment, Topshop have some lovely choices and so I thought I would share three of my favourite pairs with you.

1. Ditsy Print Frill Hem Shorts - £32.00

I adore these shorts. I am definitely a sucker for any floral pattern and the little pop of pink contrasts well with the navy material. I think that the frilly hem of the shorts also adds a really cute touch to the garment, which will also make you feel incredibly feminine. 

2. Floral Animal Print Shorts - £30.00
As well as my addiction to floral prints, I am a huge lover of leopard print too. I really love these shorts as the design features a lot of accent colours - which means that these shorts will go with many different tops (which is an added bonus!)

3. Ditsy Mix Print Culotte Shorts - £28.00
Again, I have picked another floral pair as I just couldn't resist them. I love the way that the black waist on the shorts contrasts so well with the overall red design - I think that it makes these shorts extra special. As I am quite petite, I tend to suit smaller 'ditsy' patterns more than large ones, so these shorts are perfect for me (as are the other two above!)

As always, I would love to know what you guys think about my choices, so please do not hesitate to leave me a comment below. I always respond to the comments I receive because I love getting feedback on my posts :)  

2 comments:

  1. I love the first ones. The pink really stands out against the navy - my two favourite colours!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belle, I agree. The first pair are my favourites too :) thank you for reading! x

      Delete